Description: The project focused on training Ukrainian local government representatives, civil society organizations, media organisation leaders and journalists. Project activities:
- Trainings in Estonia and Ukraine for the capacity-building of law enforcement communication specialists from Ukrainian Fiscal and Border Guard Service, Police Service and National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine in cooperation with the EU Assistance Mission to Ukraine (EUAM) and the NATO Information and Documentation Center;
- Training to improve journalists’ professional skills and guiding on how to communicate reforms to the public as well education on integration with the EU were provided to local journalists and journalism students in Odessa, Kherson, Mariupol, Zaporizhie, Mykolayiv, as well as pre- and follow-up roundtables and press-tours in Ukraine;
- Trainings in Estonia and Ukraine to develop and strengthen cooperation between local government and civil society representatives in Zaporizhie;
- Trainings in Estonia to develop expertise and enhance understanding of EU-related reforms of local journalists and media representatives;
- Publication, translation and distribution of communication manual to relevant institutions.
Target Groups: Law enforcement communication specialists from Ukrainian Fiscal and Border Guard Service, Police Service and National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine. Also, local journalists and journalism students from Odessa, Kherson, Donetsk (Mariupol), Zaporizhie and Mykolayiv.
Budget: 293 542 EUR
Funding: US Emerging Donors Fund (United States Agency for International Development), Government of Flanders, Estonian Ministry of Foreign Affairs